Electrical Engineering Faculty
When in 1962 the East Siberia Institute of Technology
was established, the Chair of Electrical Engineering was one of its subsidiaries.
In 1968, the Chair of Electrical Engineering became majoring. The Electrical
Engineering Faculty was founded on Sept. 1, 1970 due to increase in the number of students.
During different periods of time the deans were:
Molonov Zhalsaray Chimitovich, Cand. of Sciences in Engineering, Assoc. Prof. (1970-1974, 1983-1990),
Bardonov Dorzhei Badlayevich, Assoc. Prof. (1974-1981),
Khuduguev Vladlen Iosiphovich, Cand. of Sciences in Engineering, Assoc. Prof. (1981-1982),
Golovin Nickolay Andreevich, Cand. of Sciences in Engineering, Assoc. Prof. (1982-1983),
Danchinov Boris Arsenyevich, Cand. of Sciences in Engineering, Assoc. Prof. (1990-1997).
Acting Dean is Mognonov Peter Borisovich, Cand. of Sciences in Engineering, Assoc. Prof.
The Department consists of 6 Chairs:
- 4 Majoring Chairs - Electrical Supply of Industrial and Agricultural Enterprises, Electronic Calculating Systems, Computer Science Systems, Thermal Power Plant.
- 2 Supplementary Chairs - Electrical Engineering, Automation and Electrical Equipment of Industrial Enterprises
The main targets
- Training and graduating of highly qualified professional teaching and scientific staff, including postgraduate and doctoral degrees studies, refreshment and development courses.
- Involving young people to get fundamental education.
- Development and implementation of modern teaching methods.
- Establishment of training and teaching aids for students and other potential entrants.
- Organizing Open days, Olympiads, seminars and conferences.
- The Chair “Electrical Supply of Industrial and Agricultural
Enterprises” majors in two educational programs: Electrical Supply and Electric Power Systems and Networks.
- The head of the Chair is Daneev Valery Vasilyevich, Cand.
of Sciences in Engineering, Assoc. Prof.
- The Chair “Electronic Calculating Systems” majors in two
educational programs: Computers, Complexes, Systems and Networks and Radio Electronic Systems.
- The head of the chair is Shirapov Dasha-Dondock Shagdarovich,
Doctor of Sciences in Physics and Math., Full Prof.
- The Chair “Computer Science Systems” majors in two educational
programs: Computer Technology and Automated Systems Software and Administration of Information Systems”
- The head of the Chair is Naikhanova Larisa Vladimirovna,
Dr. of Sciences in Engineering, Full Prof.
- The Chair “Thermal Power Plant”. The head of the Chair is
Dambiev Tsyren Tsydenovich, Doctor of Sciences in Engineering, Full Prof.
- The Chair “Electrical Engineering”. The head of the Chair
is Nikolaev Gennady Matveevich, Cand. of Sciences in Engineering, Assoc. Prof.
- The Chair “Automation and Electrical Equipment of Industrial Enterprises”.
The head of the Chair is Khaptaev Alexey Pavlovich, Cand. of Sciences in Engineering, Assoc. Prof.
Majoring chairs carry out 4 directions on 7educational programs.
||Educational and Post-graduate programs
||Electrical Power Engineering
||Electric Power Systems and Networks
||Thermal Power Engineering
||Thermal Power Plant
||Computer Science and Engineering
||Computers, Complexes, Systems and Networks
|Computer Technology and Automated Systems Software
||Radio Electronic Systems
||Mathematical Providing and Administration of Information Systems
Major trends of scientific methodical activity
- "Integrated use of computers to enhance student independent work,
yearly projects and graduation thesis management" (supervisor: Batashov A.I.,
Cand. of Sciences in Engineering, Assoc. Prof.)
- "Methodological support for innovative learning" (supervisor: Matkhanova V.E.,
Dr. of Sciences in Engineering, Assoc. Prof.)
- "Information and methodological support for students majoring in educational
program 140101 Thermal Power Stations "(supervisor: Dambiev Tz.Tz., Full Prof.)
- "Computer teaching technologies" (supervisor: Naikhanova L. V., Dr. of
Sciences in Engineering, Full Prof.)
- "The system of quality assurance and quality control of higher education
"(supervisor: Naikhanova L. V., Dr. of Sciences in Engineering, Full Prof.)
- "Problems of pedagogy of higher education dealing with scientific organization
of the educational process"(supervisor: Masheeva E. P., Senior Teacher)
- "Life-long mathematical education"(supervisor: Fedorov K.A., Cand. of
Sciences in Engineering, Assoc. Prof.)
- "The problems of Innovative Education"(supervisor: Bovkun A.F., Assoc. Prof.)
- 051301 System analysis, management and information processing
- 051402 Electric power stations and electric power systems
- 010414 Thermal physics and theoretical heat engineering
- 051414 Thermal power stations, their power systems and units
- 051301 System analysis, management and information processing (by branches)
There is a Scientific Boards for the Doctorate degrees
DM 212.039.03 for the educational programs 010414, 051424
Dynamics of the faculty development
There are 38 classrooms and research
laboratories, 12 display classrooms, training substation (35 KW), workshops at the Department.
93 teachers teach at the Department, including 9 Doctors of Science, full professors,
51 Candidates of sciences, associate professors. In general 68% of all the teaching staff has scientific degrees.
The Chair of Thermal Power Plant has a cooperation
agreement for the introduction of plasma-energy technologies for TPP in Shenyang (China),
extensive connection with the Imperial College (UK) for the implementation of plasma-energy
technologies. The chair is represented in the Coordinating Council on Energy Conservation
"Siberian Agreement" (Dambiev T.T.). It introduced plasma-energy technologies in Slovakia,
Mongolia and Ukraine. The chair actively participates in the implementation of plasma-energy
technologies and there is an agreement on cooperation with the Kazakh Academy of Sciences.
It has a program of joint research on the development of plasma technology with Dalian Polytechnic University (China)..
Educational achievements of students
Since 2000, students participate in the All-Russian Olympiad "Computers, Complexes,
Systems and Networks ", held in Yekaterinburg, achieving good team and personal results.
In 2001, Zaigraev Nikita, a 5th year student, won 1st place in the individual championship.
In 2004, a team of students majoring in radio-electronic
system for the first time took part in the Electrical engineering Regional Olympiad in Irkutsk.
Munkoev Michael, a student Gr. 638, won 1st place at the Olympiad
in mathematics and 1st place at the Olympiad in Physics among students of higher educational
institutions of the Republic of Buryatia. He was awarded an encouragement prize for
talented young people, established by President Order on April 6, 2006 № 325 "On state
support of talented youth” in priority national projects "Education" in 2009. He took 1st
place in the second (regional) round of the All-Russian Olympiad "Mathematics" among first-year
students in Vladivostok in 2009, won the 2nd place in the second (regional) round of
the All-Russian Olympiad "Physics" among first-year students in Vladivostok in 2009
ESSTU Team (Ilinchik A., Gr. 634-1; Esin S., Gr. 634-2; Vershinin A., Gr. 637) won 2nd place in the Republican Olympiad in Programmin.
ESSTU Team (Darmaheev B, Esin, S., Ilinchik A. Gr. 634) took part in ¼ finals of the International Olympiad on Programming in Krasnoyarsk in October 2008.
ESSTU Team (Darmaheev B, Esin, S. Gr. 634, Vershinin A. Gr. 637) took part in ½ finals of the International Olympiad on Programming in Barnaul in November 2008
Social life begins from the 1st of September,
the Event dedicated to the Beginning of Academic Year. In October, first-year
students take an active part in the competitions "First success", "Hello, we are
looking for talents." Folk Song and Dance Ensemble "White Day" is the pride of our university.
From the earliest days of the ensemble organization Melnikova I., Darmenko A. Kolmakov
V. Goryunov A., Skvortsov A., Kuznetsov R., Sumtsov A., Fedyaeva S., Kuznetsova Y.,
Bazarov B. students of our Department, are actively involved in performances. Today,
members of the ensemble are Dymchikov J.V., Burdukovskii V.A., Tsyrendorzhiev S.,
Badmaev A.V., Belousov E.V.
A Department Choir was awarded a I degree diploma on the festival "Student spring - 2010"
among Ulan-Ude higher educational institutions in the category "Pop singing". Art director is Nikolaeva G.A.