Construction Faculty is one of the oldest departments of the ESSUTM.
It was founded in 1962 and since that time it has been training students
on full-time, part-time and correspondence educational programs. Nowadays
there are also short and additional educational programs. More than 6840
specialists in the field of civil engineering graduated
from the department. They work at construction companies and enterprises
all over Russian Federation.
Deans of the department:
Druzhinin P.V. (1962-1963гг.)
Shepotko V.G.( 1965-1970гг.)
Agalov M.Sh. (1970-1983гг.)
Shutukov V.N.( 1983-1991гг.)
Tsirempilov A.D.( 1991-1998гг.)
Khardaev P.K.( 1998-2002гг.)
Tikheev V.A.- 2002г.
Tsingeev D-N.Ts.( 2002-2005гг.)
Acting Dean is Michael Kalashnikov,
Doctor of Sciences in Engineering, Full Professor, Corresponding Member
of Siberian Academy of Science of Higher Education; Honored Civil Engineer
of the Republic of Buryatia; Honorary Worker of Higher Professional
Education of the Russian Federation
The Faculty comprises 6 chairs:
4 Majoring chairs: Industrial and Civil Engineering, Production of Building
Materials and Articles, Heat and Gas Supply, Ventilation and Heat Technology,
Investment and Real Estate Management
2 Supplementary chairs: Resistance of materials, Higher Mathematics
The department has:
- the Center of Innovation Technologies with the laboratory
“Development and testing of building materials” - supervisor M. Zayakhanov,
Doctor of Sciences in Engineering, Full Professor (chair of PBMA)
- Four education-research-and-production complexes: «Builder» - chair of
ICE; «Sanitary Service» - chair of HGV; «Strom » - chair of PBMA; «Surveying Plus» - chair of IREM
- Research laboratories:
- Research and Testing of Building Constructions – headed by A. Plotnikov,
Candidate of Sciences in Engineering, Assoc. Prof. (chair of ICE)
- A Survey of Power Plants and Technological Processes – M. Kalashnikov, Doctor
of Sciences in Engineering, Full Professor (chair of HGV)
- Investigation of Aircraft Strength - L. Bokhoeva, Doctor of Sciences
in Engineering, Full Professor (chair of RM)
- Students Design Bureau – A. Plotnikov, Candidate of Sciences in Engineering, Assoc. Prof.(chair of ICE)
- Organization and Technical Center – for students of the Dept.(chair of ICE)
There is an Expert-Testing Center on Construction Quality
Control at the disposal of the chair of ICE accredited as the base Territorial
Expert Center on Construction Quality Control under the jurisdiction of the State
Architectural and Building Monitoring
and License Center of the Republic of Buryatia (P. Khardaev, Executive Director).
The main targets
- training of highly qualified education and research personnel including post-graduate study;
- attracting young people focused on serious fundamental education;
- development training and refreshment courses for the specialists;
- development and implementation of modern methods of training;
- creating of teaching materials for students;
- Open Days, Olympiads, seminars and conferences.
Curricula and Instruction
Majoring chairs graduate bachelors and masters in 4 directions and 8 educational programs
||Information Systems and Technologies in Building
||Technology of Timber and Woodworking Industries
||Architecture & Construction
|Industrial and Civil Engineering
|Production of Building Materials and Articles
|Heat and Gas Supplying and Ventilation
|Real Estate Expertise and Management
||Roadways and Aerodromes
At the Department there are Scientific Boards for the Doctorate and Candidate degrees in the field of:
- 05.23.01- Building Constructions and Facilities;
- 05.23.05 - Building Materials and Articles
- Asymptotically optimal cubature formulas of the boundary problem for
systems of partial differential equations in Sobolev spaces.
Supervisors – Shoynzhurov Ts.B., Doctor of Sciences in Physics and Mathematics, Full Prof., Saneeva L.E.
- Investigation of structural elements of the layered composite materials with defects.
Supervisor – Bokhoeva L.F., Doctor of Sciences in Engineering, Full Prof.
- Creation and improvement of livelihood systems based on environmentally sound technologies and environmental management.
Supervisors – Kalashnikov M.P., Doctor of Sciences in Engineering, Full Prof. and Ochirov V.S., Doctor of Sciences in Engineering, Full Prof.
- Improving the efficiency of air conditioning systems of the microclimate in the premises of various buildings in an extremely continental climate of East Siberia.
Supervisor – Kalashnikov M.P., Doctor of Sciences in Engineering, Full Prof.
- Integrated use of mineral and construction wastes for efficient building materials.
Supervisors – Khardaev P.K., Doctor of Sciences in Engineering, Full Prof. and Zayakhanov M.E., Full Prof.
- Theoretical foundations of low-power binders obtaining and concretes based on them.
Supervisor – Khardaev P.K., Doctor of Sciences in Engineering, Full Prof.
- Advanced materials and designs in the harsh climate and seismology.
Supervisor – Plotnikov K.I., Candidate of Sciences in Engineering, Assoc.Prof.
- Management of the investment attractiveness of the region.
Supervisor – Sanzhina O.P., Doctor of Sciences in Engineering, Full Prof.
Scientific and Methodological Directions:
- Methodological support for the transition to the innovative education based on high technology.
Supervisor – Sodnomova S.D., Candidate of Sciences in Engineering, Assoc.Prof. – (Chair of HGSV)
- Comprehensive study of innovative approaches to learning in the higher technical school.
Supervisor – Bagayeva S.D., Candidate of Sciences in Engineering, Assoc.Prof. (Chair of HM, SR, PBMA)
- Development of innovative processes in higher education space, based on information as a factor in the spiritual and moral formation of the future specialist.
Supervisor – Gunazhinova Y.A., Candidate of Sciences in Engineering, Assoc.Prof. (Chair of IREM)
- Structuring the course materials in higher mathematics to various disciplines of the University.
Supervisor – Sordokhonova E.N., Candidate of Sciences in Engineering, Assoc.Prof. (Chair of HM)
- Development of the technology of continuing professional education.
Supervisor – Tikheev V.A., Candidate of Sciences in Engineering, Assoc.Prof.(Chair of HGSV)
Post-graduate professional education is provided
by all the chairs of the Department in the following educational programs:
- 05.23.01 Constructions of buildings and structures
- 05.23.03 Heat and Gas Supplying, Ventilation, Air conditioning and Lighting
- 05.23.05 Building Materials and Articles
- 08.00.05 Regional Economy
- 01.02.06 Dynamics, Strength of machines, devices and equipment
- 01.01.07 Computational Mathematics
There are specialized laboratories equipped with up-to-date equipment:
“Tests of Building Structures”, "Engineering surveying", "Mechanization and
automation of construction industry ", "Soil mechanics", " Building Materials ",
"Petrography and mineralogy", “Physical-chemical analysis of building materials”,
"Technologies of aggregates and concrete," "Testing of samples for strength,"
4 computer classes.
Other specialized equipment: stand “Hydraulic use of heating systems”,
gas furnaces, air heater and ventilation installations, the indicator of the emissivity,
press 5 ton, 25 ton, 50 ton, torsion and fatigue testing machines.
- Ivanov I.A. Determination of forces in the prestressing reinforcement concrete structure.
- Kalashnikov M.P., Takhanov V.S. Patent № 2336468 from 20.10.2008 Bulletin № 29.
The system of air distribution in the loaded places. 2008
- Shoynzhurov Ts.B., Saneeva L.I. etc. The calculation of the properties
of the integral over the smooth and piecewise smooth boundary. Patent № 2009612491. 2009
- Urhanova L.А. Technological regulations for the production of lime
binder for the LLC “Mostremstroy”
- Urhanova L.A. Technological regulations for the production of
silica brick for the LLC “Mostremstroy”
Scientific manuals, works, monographs
Teachers of the Department published 13 teaching materials
and manuals (in the period since 2007 to 2009).
“The one-dimensional mathematical analysis” by B.B. Oshorov (Assoc. Prof)
was recommended for publication by the regional Education and Methodic Center in 2009.
G.S. Egodurov (Candidate of Sciences in Engineering, Full Prof., Chair
of Resistance of Materials) created three innovative teaching aids with the
stamp of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation in
2009 and was awarded the State Prize of the Government of the Republic
of Buryatia named after Academician P. R. Atutov.
Since 2006 to 2009 teachers of the Department published 5 monographs,
39 teaching materials and manuals, 443 articles and abstracts.
There are scientific schools in the integrated use of mineral raw
materials and industrial wastes to produce effective building materials for use in
earthquake-resistant construction of buildings and facilities, equipped with energy-efficient
and reliable life-support systems under the guidance of Professors: Tsyrempilov A.D.,
Hardaev P.K., Zayakhanov M.E., Rykov R.I., Kalashnikov M.P., Ochirov V.S.
Scientific School - "The cubature formulas and their applications" –
is supervised by Shoynzhurov Ts.B., Doctor of Sciences in Physics and Mathematics, Full Prof.
Kalashnikov M.P., Doctor of Sciences in Engineering,
Full Prof. supervises research works devoted to development of new and improvement
of existing engineering energy-efficient systems for creation of a necessary
microclimate in buildings in conditions of extremely continental climate of the East Siberia.
The Construction Department has its own traditions and trends
in the field of international cooperation.
Chairs of the department cooperate with the following educational institutions:
- the Mongolian Technical University, Ulan Bator, Mongolia;
- Warsaw Technical University, Warsaw, Poland;
- Technische Hochschule, Aachen, Germany, Austria and Belgium;
- Berlin University, Berlin, Germany;
- University of Massachusetts, USA;
- Mongolian State University of Science and Technology, Ulan Bator, Mongolia;
- Ministry of Construction, Ulan Bator, Mongolia.
Participation in exhibitions
- 5th Sino-Russian-Mongolian Exhibition of Science and Technology (Beijing China, 2008);
- Regional Exhibition "Scientific and technological development and innovative projects of the Republic of Buryatia (Ulan-Ude, 2008);
- The Third Russian -German conference and exhibition for small and medium business (Germany, Stuttgart, 2009);
- 6th Sino-Russian-Mongolian Exhibition of Science and Technology (Beijing China, 2009);
- Ulan-Ude Fair, an exhibit by Plotnikov A.N., 2008;
- Innovative technology of modern materials (China, 2008);
- Scientific and technical achievements of scientists of the Republic of Buryatia (Mongolia, 2008).
Educational achievements of students
3-rd place in individual trial for the interregional
competition in the specialty “Heat and Gas Supplying and Ventilation” in Tomsk, 2009.
A.L. Guslyakov’s diploma project was awarded 1st
place in the second round of the All-Russian Contest of the graduation
projects and works in specialty 270109" Heat and Gas Supplying and
Ventilation " in February 2009 (supervisor: Kalashnikov M.P.) and
the 5th place in the third tour in April in Volgograd.
ESSUTM team, Sobolev A., Arkatov D., Nimatsirenov V.
(students of Group 324), took the 3rd place in the team standings on
the 5th interregional competition in specialty 270109 "Heat and Gas
Supplying and Ventilation " (among 10 teams) in April 2009 in Tomsk
(team leader: A.G.Tyumentsev).
In the individual trial of the competition: Sobolev A. – 2nd
place, Arkatov D. – 4th place, Nimatsyrenov V.A. - 8th place
(team leader S. Zh. Radnaeva). Sobolev A.V. took the 2nd place
in the All-Russian competition in the specialty “Heat and Gas Supplying
and Ventilation” in Volgograd. 06.25.2009 he took the prize of the mayor
of Ulan-Ude "Young Talents of 2009" in the category "Engineering".
Maltseva N.L., student of Group 333-2, got the diploma
in 14th international scientific-practical conference of students and young
scientists "Modern Technique and Technology" in Tomsk in 2009 and took the
1st place in Vladivostok in 2009 (supervisor: Arkhincheeva N.V., Assoc.Prof.)
Zharnikova I.A., Marchenko Y.A. received certificates for
validity and timeliness of the theme in the competition of the graduation projects
in Vladivostok in 2009 (supervisors: assoc.Prof. Gorbunova N.Y. and Sanzhina O.P.).
ESSUTM team took the 2nd place in the Republican contest
in Higher Mathematics (team leader Yumova S.Zh).
Munkoev M.V., student of Gr. 638. took the 1st place in the individual
trial for competition.
The team took the 3rd place in the 2nd round of the Regional Competition
in Higher Mathematics in Vladivostok (team leader: Yumova S.Zh.). In the
individual trial for competition Munkoev MV (gr.638) took the 1st place in 2009.
National Interuniversity Olympiad in Structural Resistance
dedicated to the memory of Professor R. K. Vafin took place in September,
25-30 2009. S.Y. Bogdanova’s (Gr.376) innovative project "Production of
sheet steel with polymer coating" won the prize.
Pyannikov M.N. and Orlov P.A. (Gr.417) were awarded the
3rd degree diploma on the international student conference in scientific
and technical disciplines “Young Art – To the Scientific Progress” in April 2009,
Yoshkar-Ola (supervisors: Egodurov G.S., DamdinovT.A.).
Dymbrylov B.Zh. (Gr.327), and Afanasjev E.A. (Gr.356) took
the 3rd team place in the All Student Olympiad in Theoretical Mechanics in
Novocherkassk in 2009.
Buldakova M. and Chermoshentseva A.(Gr.317) got diplomas
for their participation in the 15th international scientific-practical conference
of students and young scientists "Modern Technique and Technology" in Tomsk in May 2009.
Students of the department participate in different contests
of the university: "Dedication to Students", "The First Success," "Be a Popstar",
"Dangina- Geser", "Students’ Spring", “The King and The Queen”, “Miss and Mr. ESSUTM”, KVN, etc.