Mail  |   Русский  

News and events


To Foreign students


The Procedure for processing an invitation for entry to study

Foreign students wishing to study at ESSUTM send an application form to the International Relations Office (hereinafter referred to as the IRO) to receive an invitation for a study visa*. The application is sent no later than 2.5 months before the intended entry into the Russian Federation.

The application form is accompanied by a high-quality copy of the applicant’s passport (you can send it by e-mail ). The validity period of the passport must be at least 18 months from the start date of the study visa.

The International Relations Office issues an invitation (the registration period is 1 month) for the entry of a foreign student to the Russian Federation for the purpose of studying at ESSUTM and sends it by e-mail. After receiving an invitation, a foreign student must contact the Embassy (Consulate) of Russia in the country of residence, where he can obtain a three-month study visa with an indication of the institution – ESSUTM, which will be extended by issuing a multiple-entry visa during the entire period of study.

Migration registration with the Migration Department of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Buryatia is an official confirmation of the right of a foreign student to reside in the territory of the Russian Federation.


Migration registration

In accordance with Federal Law №109-FZ of July 18, 2006 "On migration registration of foreign citizens and stateless persons in the Russian Federation" from 08.07.2018, migration registration is conducted only at the place of actual residence of a foreign student.

Each time you enter the territory of the Russian Federation and receive a migration card, you must submit documents for migration registration.

For residents of the ESSUTM dormitory

To register with migration authorities and receive a tear-off part of the arrival notice form (registration), please, contact the IRO:

Klyuchevskaya str., 40B, building 12, office 203B (dormitory No. 5 ESSUTM).


The deadline for submitting documents is the 2nd day of your arrival.


Documents that must be brought to the IRO for initial migration registration:

-        Passport

-        Migration card


Foreign students /stateless persons who do not reside in the ESSUTM dormitory must register their temporary residence with the territorial migration department of the rented residence, on the territory of which the rented residential premises are located (basis: 109-FZ "On migration registration of foreign Citizens and stateless persons in the Russian Federation").

For hotel/guest house/hostel residents

The hotel is obliged to register you for migration on the day of arrival throughout the entire period of your stay at the hotel, and provide you with the original registration with the hotel's signature and seal, as well as the stamp of the Multifunctional center or the inspector of the Ministry of Internal Affairs. Check-in from the hotel ends on the day of departure from the hotel! After leaving the hotel, migration registration must be completed within 7 calendar days at the new place of residence (hostel, private apartment, another hotel).


After registration at the hotel/guest house/hostel, you must bring a copy of registration and a migration card to the IRO.

For those, who live in a rented apartment

If you live in a rented apartment, migration registration is issued by the apartment owner (landlord) in the territorial migration department. This can also be done through the nearest post office (if such a service is provided in the region of residence). Residential owners personally submit (send) documents.


If necessary, you can ask for help in preparing documents in the IRO.


In order to register at the place of residence in the rented apartment, you must:


1.       Arrange for migration registration at the address of the rented housing with the landlord;

2.       On the website of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Buryatia check which territorial migration department you need to apply for migration registration or check the address and opening hours of the nearest post office;

3.       Contact the territorial migration department in the area where the rented apartment is located and clarify the list of conditions and documents required in this area (a set of documents, reception hours, contact person, etc.);

4.       A complete set of documents must be provided and submitted to the appropriate migration department. The submission of documents can only be made by the owner of the premises.

After migration registration in a rented apartment, you must bring a copy of the registration to the IRO.

For those, who were admitted to the hospital

During the entire treatment period, the hospital is obliged to process migration registration for you on the day of hospitalization and provide you with the original registration. The hospital registration ends on the day of discharge! After discharge from the hospital, it is necessary to immediately contact the IRO and within 7 calendar days register for migration at the place of residence (in a dormitory, in a private apartment).


The migration registration period is 7 working days from the moment of crossing the border. Exception for citizens of: Ukraine and the Republic of Belarus – within 90 days, the Republic of Armenia, the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Kyrgyz Republic – 30 days, the Republic of Tajikistan – 15 days from the date of crossing the border of the Russian Federation.

Deregistration of a foreign student at the place of residence is performed in the following cases:

  1. Departure of a foreign student from the place of residence at the end of the registration period
  2. Departure of a foreign student after graduation
  3. Expulsion from the ESSUTM
  4. Departure of a foreign student in connection with re-registration at another address


Multiple-entry visa processing

A foreign student must come to the IRO 40 calendar days before the expiration of the primary single-entry study visa.

Documents that must be brought to the IRO for a multiple-entry study visa processing:

  • passport
  • migration card
  • photo 3*4
  • 1600 rubles to pay the state duty.

A multiple-entry study visa is issued for a period of up to 365 calendar days.

*A study visa is not required for students coming from the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Republic of Abkhazia, the Republic of South Ossetia, the Republic of Belarus, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Republic of Moldova, the Republic of Tajikistan, Ukraine, the Republic of Armenia, the Republic of Uzbekistan.


Mandatory state dactylographic registration, photographing and medical examination

According to Federal Law №274-FZ of 01.07.2021 "On Amendments to the Federal Law "On the Legal Status of Foreign Citizens in the Russian Federation" and the Federal Law "On State Dactylographic Registration in the Russian Federation", foreign students entering the Russian Federation after December 29, 2021 are required to undergo mandatory state dactylographic registration, photographing, as well as medical examination.

Foreign students arriving for a long period (more than 90 days) must undergo all procedures within 90 calendar days from the date of entry.

Regardless of the number of entries/exits to the Russian Federation, the Internal Affairs Authorities conduct a mandatory state dactylographic registration and take photos once without levying of state duties.

A medical examination must be conducted once a year.

For foreign students, who arrived on the territory of the Russian Federation before December 29, 2021, these procedures need to be mandatory when entering the Russian Federation in a general order.

If the obligations of mandatory state dactylographic registration, photography, and/or medical examination for these foreign students are not fulfilled, consideration will be given to shortening the temporary residence period in the Russian Federation.

Medical support for foreign students

All foreign students entering the Russian Federation must obtain medical insurance. You can choose a suitable insurance company yourself, or contact the International Relations Office for assistance.

  1. Foreign students who have a residence permit in the Russian Federation can apply for a compulsory Medical Health Insurance (MHI) policy.
  2. All foreign students undergo a medical examination at the student polyclinic after moving into the dormitory.
  3. If you need seek medical assistance, you should contact the phone number specified in the MHI policy, as well as the IRO. If you need to receive emergency medical care, you should call 112, 103.

Main page | History | ESSUTM today | Administration | Departments | Science | International Cooperation | Institutes and Faculties | Sports | Contact info 

© East Siberia State University of Technology and Management
Address: 40V Klyuchevskaya ul., Ulan-Ude, Russia, 670013
Тel.: (3012)43-14-15, fax: (3012)41-71-50, e-mail: