Physical Training is considered to be an integral part of harmonious development of a person, that is why great attention is paid to sport at the university.
There is a sport base at the disposal of the students to go in for 14 kinds of sport, which includes a stadium with 400-metre race-track and sectors, the only athletic manage in Siberia, ski base, rifle range, where Republican and Russian championships are held, Sport Complex (wrestling, boxing, body-building halls with two rehabilitation centers), Sport Camping on shore of Lake Baikal. One can attend sport sections: archery, wrestling, football, volleyball, basketball, athletics, boxing, ski racing, shooting, chess, aerobics, athletic gymnastics, table tennis, shaping.
The instructors of the Department 'Physical Training and Sport' have trained:
- about 100 Masters of Sport and over 300 Candidates of Masters of Sport (wrestling) ;
- 2 Masters of Sport of Russia, 2 Candidates of Masters of Sport (track and field athletics);
- 1 International Master of Sport, 9 Masters of Sport of Russia, 6 Candidates of Masters of Sport (archery);
- 2 Masters of Sport of Russia, 5 Candidates of Masters of Sport (shooting);
- 1 FIDE Master, 2 Candidates of Masters of Sport (chess);
- 6 candidates in Masters of Sport (cross- country ski ing)
- and also hundreds of rated sportsmen and referees in various kinds of sport.